Have you and your family been impacted by the recent student realignment (redisctricting) program for Union County Public Schools?
Here’s some information that might be helpful.
- The latest public information can be found at UCPS Student Realignment web page at https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/domain/3068.
- “Parents can find out their child’s 2018-19 school assignment by using the search bar on the interactive maps. Click on this link https://www.croppermap.com/unioncounty and type in your child’s address in the search bar. Information will be provided for the current school year and the 2018-19 school year.”
- “Please note: Parents will not receive a letter in the mail to notify them of their child’s 2018-19 school assignment.”
- “Grandfathering requests for 2018-19 school year: UCPS will process grandfathering requests April 10-23. The district will use an online system called Scribbles to process all grandfathering requests. Parents will need their child’s Student ID number to access the Scribbles portal. All communication about grandfathering requests will be sent from the Scribbles portal. Parents will not recieve updates via US mail. All grandfathering requests must be complete by April 23. Reminder: If parents choose the grandfathering option, district transportation is not provided.”
- “Student Transfers for 2018-19: Information for student transfers will be available in May 2018. “
- Marvin Ridge Middle School has announced a Family Night in which families can tour the school and meet administration and teachers. The date is May 1st from 6 to 8 pm. This is a great idea for acclimating new students and families into a school, and we think that other schools may offer similar orienation nights in the future.
More information about the realignment plan, including grandfathering, school choice, and the sibling policy, can be found on the same page: https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/domain/3068